Carrying Port's Cross (Port 92 - 99 Richmond)

This week, I have decided it would be better talking through other people. Words fail me after another inexplicable loss. To make things worse, our next game is against West Coast, away, in the Good Friday. Sincerely, I believe it will be a CALVARY to watch. I even suspect "Good Friday" is actually short for "Terrible Horrible Very Bad No Good Friday." Good Friday... Good  TO WHOM?! Damn…

---

“What Happened, Power?!”

It wasn't 5am yet when I woke up to listen to the game. I miserably followed the entire second half. I have no words. Barracking for Port is great, but also a burden!


Thanks to BigFooty’s AlyX, a fellow Port barracker, here is a perfect description of my feelings after our loss to Richmond and towards facing the current Premiers away:

I have watched it many times with my younger kid. We cry laughing every single time. The soundtrack is absolutely perfect!
---

“Barely Breathing”

After four games, it feels like our season is already on life support. Once again, it increases my suspicion that the men in charge of our club have reached their limit. They seem unable to push our club further than what they already have done. This is what I would like to say to both Koch and Hinkley:



I know what you're doing
I see it all too clear
I only taste the saline
When I kiss away your tears
You really had me going, wishing on a star
But the black holes that surround you
Are heavier by far


I believed in your confusion
You were so completely torn
Well it must have been that yesterday
Was the day that I was born
There's not much to examine
There's nothing left to hide
You really can't be serious
If you have to ask me why


I say good-bye

'Cause I am barely breathing
And I can't find the air
I don't know who I'm kidding
Imagining you care, and I could stand here
Waiting a fool for another day
But I don't suppose it's worth the price
Worth the price, the price that I would pay


Everyone keeps asking, what's it all about?
I used to be so certain and I can't figure out
What is this attraction? I only feel the pain
There's nothing left to reason and only you to blame


Will it ever change?

'Cause I am barely breathing
And I can't find the air
I don't know who I'm kidding
Imagining you care, and I could stand here
Waiting a fool for another day
But I don't suppose it's worth the price
Worth the price, the price that I would pay


But I'm thinking it over anyway

I've come to find, I may never know
Your changing mind, is it friend or foe?
I rise above or sink below
With every time you come and go
Please don't, you come and go


'Cause I am barely breathing
And I can't find the air
I don't know who I'm kidding
Imagining you care, and I could stand here
Waiting a fool for another day
But I don't suppose it's worth the price
Worth the price, the price that I would pay

Sincerely, immediately, I would at least offer Bassett in SACRIFICE. He would be our SCAPEGOAT in an attempt to appease the wrath of the football gods against Port. Bigger changes may be left for later.
---

Lack of Leadership on the Field

It is not only a problem of leadership off the field. We don’t have many reliable players either. So far, both of our co-captains have been letting us down. In the previous 4 games, only 6 players have been playing good enough consistently: Boak, Rockliff, Houston, Lycett, Clurey, and Burton. Boak is experiencing a personal RESSURECTION and is the best of the group, followed by Rockliff and Houston. Watching our games, this is how I imagine Houston feels when playing:


Well it's lonesome in this old town
Everybody put me down
I'm a face without a name
Just walking in the rain

"Houston, we have a problem!"
---

“Mambo #5”

Finally, this is my token of appreciation for Connor “Mambo” Rozee, even if one week too late:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks: a response to James Rosewarne

The Riddle of the Sphinkley (Port 60 - 102 West Coast)

The AFLW and Port: name, colours, and team song