Q&A with GremioPower (Port 95 - 53 West Coast)

Since no one is asking me anything, I have decided to interview my own self. I am not sure I liked it. I am a mad and nasty questioner. It was tough to handle myself. Next time, I will wait someone else to do the honours...

---

"Hey, GremioPower, what is going on? It is already Tuesday, we have had our 'best win ever' again this season on Friday, and you haven't posted anything on your blog yet. When we were losing, you were publishing the reviews immediately. I don't get it. Is it because you have forseen a defeat, but we ended up playing our best footy this season? Is it because you hate winning? Why do you hate winning? What is wrong with you?! This is digusting! I don't think we can be friends anymore..."

- Wait, wait, wait! I'm sorry, ok. I know I am late with the review, but it is not the first time. It took me time to publish the review on Carlton... ["A win as well..."] Hein? Let me be clear on this: I don't hate winning. Losing may be inspiring... ["Ha! I knew it!"] No. Come on! Do I really need to explain this? ["Yes."] We have played in a holiday, and I took my family on a roadtrip. I was even driving during the game, but I still managed to listen to it live in Brazil. What a time to be alive! However, even though I loved what we did in Perth, I haven't had time to seat and write about it.

"So, you don't hate winning."

- No! Of course not. What kind of Port barracker would I be if I did? ["A pretty miserable one."] Exactly! I love winning.

"Ok. I will take your word for it. [- Thanks.]Do you have a problem with Hinkley, then?"

- If I did, it would be only because he doesn't win enough. I have been a Hinkley apologist many times before. I like him probably more than I should. The truth is, though, that I don't trust his work anymore. We could win a flag under him, but I wouldn't bet on it. For that to happen, we would need to be very lucky. The lesser one needs luck the better.

"Why did not our win on Friday restore some of the trust on our season? We played like Premiers!"

- We certainly did! We planned a sound strategy, and the players executed it beautifully. It was perfect. Still, I cannot forget how dumb we were against Brisbane and Richmond. Besides, sustainable success is something we haven't seen yet under Hinkley. There has been no answer to the 'Riddle of the Sphinkley' (Part I/Part II). Until then, I cannot trust the team.

"How would he answer it?"

- I don't think this question has a proper answer. Quoting S.C.O.T.U.S. Justice Potter Stewart in Jacobellis v. Ohio (1964), "I know it when I see it." One can only wait and see what happens. However, I suspect that, if we win the Grand Final, I would be watching it happily in disbelief. I won't know it even when I see it...

"Do you know such a quote by heart?"

- Hahahaha! The quote and its context, yes; but I needed to check who had said it and when. It is a good quote...

"What are your expectations for our game against North?"

- Frankly, I am terrified. Do you remember when we destroyed Hawthorn in 2017 just to be shredded into pieces by Essendon one week later? Last season, we crushed North right before being raped by West Coast. So, we have seen it before. When was the last time we had two big wins in a row? I have no idea. Even though we are still to score more than 100 points in a game, I am still confident we are going to win. However, I am preparing myself for a close game; at least. closer than it should be.

"Ok. Last question: any note on the Magpies?"

- Oh! I listened our game against Nord. I am following everything! I didn't like what I have heard at all. Hence, on the Maggies, I just have a request: please, Lokan, beat W.W.T. No excuses!

"Thank you."

- CARN THE POWER!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“SHOVE THIS!” (Showdown 44: Port 95 - 90 West Lakes)

THE BEHIND POSTS [I.2] (Miscellaneous)

The Riddle of the Sphinkley (Port 60 - 102 West Coast)